Brookfarm is a rather remarkable company founded 13 years ago, back in 1999 by Pam and Martin Brook. Brookfarm is Australia’s leading producer of premium quality, award winning Macadamia products – including nuts, oils, mueslis and bars. Each product is created with the 3 P principals in mind – Passion for Quality, Passion for a better environment and Passion for great tasting healthy food.
Macadamias are hardly a stranger to most people’s diets – I think just about everyone has sampled these divine tasting nuts at one point or another. And we all know by now (or I should certainly hope so) that nuts are an essential part of our diet – a good way of getting our daily recommended intake of healthy fats. But what are the benefits of Macadamias?
- Macadamias are an excellent source of protein, calcium, potassium, dietary fibre and antioxidants
- Macadamias are very low in sodium
- Macadamia are a rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids
- Is highly resistance to oxidation and hence has a good shelf life
- Contains a large range of minerals including iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. Macadamias also contain significant levels of zinc, copper and selenium.
- Macadamias are also rich in vitamin E, thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2, niacin and also contain pantothenic acid (B5) and folate.
In my pantry I have sitting proudly on display three bottles of Brookfarm’s exceptional Macadamia Oils – Premium Grade Macadamia Oil, Lemon Myrtle Infused Macadamia Oil and Lime and Chili Infused Macadamia Oil. The premium grade Macadamia Oil is an excellent choice for stir-fry’s, baking, salad dressings and marinades. It imparts a sweet, nutty taste that doesn’t distract from the flavour of the food. The Lemon Myrtle (perhaps my favourite of the three) goes well with chicken, fish, lamb, pasta dishes, mayonnaise, pestos and all vegetable dishes. Last but certainly not least, the Lime and Chili infused is good for sauces, seafood, and vegetable and noodle dishes. It can also be used to marinade meats and poultry dishes. The citrusy lime adds a light tang while the chili has a pleasing warmth.
The recipe page on the Brookfarm website is highly worthy of a read – I especially recommend the Lemon Backstraps with Lemon Myrtle Cous Cous (for those gluten-free like me, Cous Cous can be substituted with Quinoa) and Macadamia Pesto .
Brookfarm is a company that I’ve been personally purchasing from for the past couple of years – with their excellent, high-quality, nutrient-rich products and exceptionally enthusiastic customer service; I will definitely continue to be a willing customer.
RRP – $10.95 for 250ml bottle
Stockists – For stockist information please visit www.brookfarm.com.au for details.
A lady with a love for words and all things bright, sweet and wonderful.