Today we take a peek inside the busy world of Sonia Lloyd, the creator of Rasasara Ayurvedic Skincare range.
Could you please tell us a little about your fabulous brand Rasasara?
Rasasara is an organic, entirely edible range of skincare formulated according to the principles of ayurvedic medicine.
It is handmade in Surrey Hills, Victoria.
What makes Rasasara different from other brands on the market?
– The ayurvedic science behind rasasara & the entirely edible composition make us different.
– Also energetically because we are not manufactured on a large scale, but instead in small handmade batches.
– Our products are fresh & the herbs are active.
– Our customers comment that the products feel organic. Incredibly ‘organic’ in the truest sense of the word, they feel like their senses are being nourished.
– Other people have commented they feel their beauty ritual when they use Rasasara’s products is transformed into a spiritual practice ~ honouring & caring for themselves.
Can you tell us about the different Doshas?
The doshas are made up of the elements of ether/air/fire/water/earth. We are all composed of these 5 elements in different proportions
Some of us are earthier, fiery, water etc & this is how the elements express themselves in our personality. They also express themselves through our skin.
Fire & water combined create the Pitta dosha – Pitta skin heats up & is prone to rashes/ an oily T- zone & acne rosacea in the extreme.
Ether & air combine to create the Vata dosha – Vata skin is finer, drier and has fine line and tans easily.
Earth & water combined create the kapha dosha – kapha expresses itself through the skin as lustrous, thick, alabaster white, can tan easily & is also prone to congestion or dampness in the form of slight oiliness or blackheads.
What does your daily beauty routine consist of?
I have a 5 month old baby so it’s pretty quick at present. I love compressing my skin twice a day –morning & night to wake myself up & then as a wind down ritual at night (that’s my cleanser). Rosewater is one substance I couldn’t imagine living without, I spray this on whenever I can as I like to keep my skin hydrated .
To moisturise I mix the face nourishing oils with hydrating mists or aloe gel. Aloe vera is amazing for the skin, it’s a great serum & I like to mix it with the chandra revitalising oil at night. As its made of oils rich in essential fatty acids & the essential oil blend is wonderful to inhale as you fall asleep. I also love the gentle eye gel/ makeup remover as a quick fix as it removes panda eyes ( which I have a lot!) & adds moisture so I never look dehydrated under my eyes.
What are your best selling products?
– The Chandra Revitalising oil
– Rasa Aloe gel ( in Hong Kong & China)
– The Pitta face oil & Pitta mist
– Vata body nourishing oil
– Kapha face cleansing bar
Do you have any beauty/lifestyle tips?
– Always eat for nutrition not just to fill a hole in your belly
– Avoid processed foods & low fat foods made with artificial sugars etc
– Never drink ice cold water or refrigerated water (except in high summer & even then avoid combining it with meals)
– Be grateful everyday for every goodness that you see in yourself & others
– Be kind & speak sweetly to others & most importantly protect all forms life
What does your fitness routine consist of?
Yoga & swimming.
Do you have any spa treatments done? If so, what’s your
I love to get a natural, organic spray tan in spring!
What’s next on the horizon for Rasasara?
Currently we’re developing a shampoo/ conditioner & hair mist for a new yoga studio ‘One hot yoga’ in South Yarra, Melbourne.
Here’s a great testimonial –
“Once again I want to say how much I love your products. I have acne prone skin at the age of 40 and don’t care to use chemicals. I have tried many combinations of oils and creams with essential oils in the past but yours is the only product that has not made my skin break out more. In fact, I would say that there is an overall improvement in skin clarity with your product. The scents of the oils are divine as well. A lover of patchouli and rose oils, I now fall asleep with that right under my nose -gives me a sense of comfort, confidence, and femininity.”
Thank you to Sonia for giving us her time and also thank you to Michelle for helping to organise this. I’m currently testing a few of Rasasara’s popular items and am having much fun doing so. I will soon feature a post on my thoughts, stay tuned!
Stockists – Visit http://www.rasasara.com for more information
A lady with a love for words and all things bright, sweet and wonderful.