Cacao, hazelnut, coconut and vanilla? We nod our heads in approval to that! This recipe is suited for those who love to bake but don’t like fiddly things. Or those who don’t like to bake but still want something deliciously indulgent.
We think this pairs perfectly with a cup of herbal tea or a warming mug of steaming cocoa.
Hazelnut and Cacao Muesli Slice (Serves 12)
¾ cup natural shredded coconut
4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup Mayvers Hazelnut & Cacao Spread
2 tbsp Goji berries
½ cup sesame seeds
¾ sunflower kernels
½ cup pepitas
2 tbsp of chia seeds
2 tsp of vanilla essence
4 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup*
Good pinch of salt
1 cup plain greek yogurt, strained
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup rice malt syrup
Method (cooking time – 25 mins)
1. Mix up all dry ingredients in a food processor slightly. Throw the whole lot in a saucepan and heat on the stovetop until the butter has melted.
2. Press the mixture firmly into a brownie tin.
3. Pop in a preheated oven of about 150°C and cook for approx. 10 minutes or until the top goes brown.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together strained yogurt, vanilla and rice malt syrup. Add in enough rice malt syrup to reach desired sweetness.
5. Wait till slice is cooled and spread a thin layer of yoghurt
over the top.
6. Once yoghurt has set, cut into bars. Keep in the fridge.
* To be completely sugar-free just leave off the yoghurt!
** Option to use 4tsps of honey melted in 1 tsp water instead
To see more or to look up Mayver’s palate pleasing treats, visit http://www.mayvers.com.au
A lady with a love for words and all things bright, sweet and wonderful.