We’ve rounded up a tasty lunch/dinner/breakfast option for you which is bound to please the hungry mouths at your table.
Not only is this dish a burst of nutrients for your insides, but it’s also deliciously savoury, flavourful and comforting.
Super Healthy Tahini Fritatta (serves 2-4)
1 large zucchini (grated)
400g pumpkin cubed and pre-roasted
4 stalks spring onion, 6-8 eggs
Handful of pinenuts, Tsp of dukkah
2 beetroots cooked and sliced
(or use a can of diced sugar-free beets)
¼ cup Mayver’s Tahini
Salt & Pepper to taste
Method (cooking time – 15 mins)
1. Preroast your pumpkin until it’s slightly soft to touch. Grate zucchini, sprinkle over bottom of a large roasting dish.
2. Toss in pumpkin cubes and sprinkle across spring onions. Sprinkle pinenuts over the top. Gently lay beetroot slices across the top. Spoon globs of tahini across the top of all ingredients.
3. Whisk eggs and add approx. ¼cup water – pour over mixture so that it sits slightly over top of all the ingredients. Spinkle dukkah, salt and pepper.
4. Shake the pan to ensure all the mixture goes right through.
5. Bake in moderate oven (approx 120°C for approx. 1-2hrs**)
For a richer creamier flavour we love adding Persian Feta into the mix! This recipe tastes amazing the day after served cold with a side salad of baby spinach, pinenuts and lemon.
For more information on Mayver’s or to indulge in the delightful products, visit http://www.mayvers.com.au