Candles can add ambiance and a lovely welcoming feel to your home but the regular paraffin kind can create fumes which can be toxic to your lungs and the environment, especially in a non ventilated room. Paraffin is derived from petroleum and the reason this is used is because it is cheap. The downside to price is that they dirty the air and are they are made from a non-renewable resource.
You may have noticed a significant switch to soy based candles which are a much cleaner alternative, but I have discovered a range that is even more beautiful and safe to use, which is Suz E Bee’s Pure Australian Beeswax Candles.
I haven’t thought about Beeswax candles for a long time, as a child my mother used to burn them and I forgot how much I loved the scent. Suz E Bee Candles are all handmade in Australia from pure beeswax and the ingredients for each couldn’t be simpler – Beeswax and a Cotton Wick. There are no added fragrances and no hidden chemicals, bleaches, hardeners or lead, just a gorgeous honey-ish smell that is perfect all year round.
These candles don’t smoke (it’s a bad habit, you know) and instead of hindering the air quality they actually help to purify it.
The votives or tealights would be a classic addition to a wedding, and the dinner candles would be effective in a candelabra. The best thing about these candles is they burn for hours, and while you might feel like they are more of an investment than the paraffin kind, they are much healthier for you and your family – and they burn for ages (a tiny tealight will burn for 6-8 hours which gives you some perspective.)
Suz E Bee Candles support local beekeepers in New South Wales.
Visit the website: www.suzebeecandles.com.au