If you’re a resident of Bondi Beach, then consider yourself most fortunate. Located in North Bondi, Sage Beauty is a holistic heaven for those interested in all things beauty.
The lovely ladies at Sage Beauty are of a special kind, choosing to focus and nurture your natural beauty from the inside out. The team consists of Naturopaths, Homoeopaths, qualified MV Organic and Dr Hauschka Estheticians, Beauticians, Remedial and Pregnancy Massage Therapists, as well as a deluxe Hot Stone Massage.
Junia Kerr, Homoeopath, is the leading lady behind Sage Beauty and we’re most pleased that she’s graciously decided to share her top 10 beauty and wellness tips to help us through this chilly season.
(Tracy Terashima, Sarah Luck, Niamh Gill, Junia Kerr and Evonne Campo Romero)
Beauty and Wellness tips by Junia Kerr
1. Keep your skin toned and hydrated through winter by applying a good quality Jojoba Oil beneath your moisturiser. I recommend either MV Organic Jojoba oil, or Kora Rosehip oil – which is in a base of Jojoba and also contains Sea Buckthorn oil – both are also good for flaky skin, psoriasis, eczema and rosacea.
2. Maintain your brows by applying a light brow powder such as Finishing Touch – this is a simple way to keep your brows looking great and having extra depth of colour without looking “drawn on”. Application is with a dual ended brush and very simple and quick.
3. Have a good protein shake with blueberries and/or banana for breakfast, this will stop your 3pm sugar craving and keep your energy levels up till lunch so you won’t feel the need to snack on food that may not be so good for you. It will also keep you regular!
4. If your skin is super dry, take a lot of fish oil – I mean a lot. Check your source, a practitioner fish oil such as Metagenics or Bioceuticals will be reliable and good quality, forget the cheap supermarket brands, you don’t know what is in them or how effective they are. Ask your local Naturopath for a recommended dose, and watch your skin improve. Not bad for the brain and joints either!
5. If you have really porous thick skin which you just can’t seem to get clean, try MV 9 Oil, this oil contains Vitamin E, Avocado oil and Centella Asiatica oil, a wonderful oil which is anti-bacterial and rich in antioxidants. Massage gently into problem areas, like the nose, and steam it off with a hot compress. Within no time at all, you will have beautiful clean healthy pink skin. This is magic.
7. To keep your skin conditioned each change of season, use Dr. Hauschka N or S ampules, one at night after cleansing your skin. These ampules have ingredients in them designed to hydrate, strengthen and calm your skin.
8. Get up and go for a run or a brisk walk outdoors before work. This will get your metabolism going and shake out the cobwebs. Rain, hail or shine, get out there in nature and embrace the mood of the day.
9. Check your nails to see if you are deficient in zinc, calcium or other minerals. Ridges that go across your nails usually indicate protein deficiency.
10. If you are craving sugar you might not be getting enough protein. Make sure you have healthy serving of protein daily as well as fresh fruit and veges. You may also need chrome which can prevent sugar craving- check with your natural practitioner first.
If you’re a lucky one and are able to find your way to Sage Beauty, not only are you indulging in a time of pamper, but you’re also investing in future good health. “Beauty is what we exhibit from a place of wellbeing and vitality, so how we nourish ourselves is vital to our sense of inner beauty” says Junia. “At Sage we advise on eating well, exercising, managing imbalances and working on our whole wellbeing to heal the whole body and/or to keep the whole body working at its best.”
Now, I think we can all agree that when we feel our best, we look our best. Agreed?
For more information about Sage Beauty and the wonderful services, to purchase the products mentioned or to book an appointment, visit http://www.sagebeauty.com.au or ph. 9130 7064
All staff at Sage Beauty are professionally trained.